Monday, 17 June 2013

The Day I Met Ariel

OK so, hands up who has a favourite Disney princess? I know I do. Ever since I was 3 years old I have adored Ariel, from The Little Mermaid. I don't know, it's something about her red hair and her gadgets and gizmos and the fact she's a frickin' mermaid! When I was younger I used to swim around my little community swimming pool and pretend I was swimming with Ariel...cool I know.

So anyway, the opportunity came when I went to Florida with my family in April. We visited Magic Kingdom, as always, and found there was a whole new area dedicated to Ariel and her pals. I actually wanted to scream! There was the castle, and Scuttle (the seagull), Eric's ship, and Ariel's very own cavern.


The best part was - you could meet Ariel! I couldn't believe it. After years and years of pining and wishing to meet her, I finally could (only 15 years later!). I queued up for half an hour with a bunch of 5 year olds, with my Ariel shirt on, and finally joined her in her clamshell. No innuendo intended, haha! She was so amazing and pretty, and complimented me on my hairbraid. She told me her favourite colour was purple - to which I replied, "I know!" (what a cringe). I got lots of pictures taken with her and she was happy posing for them all.



Call me sad, but meeting someone you have idolised since you were a toddler is pretty amazing. It's honestly an experience I'll never forget an although my grandmother kept reminding me that she wasn't the real Ariel, it was certainly the closest I was ever going to get.
I hope you all have had a lovely day! xx




4 comments:

  1. I really want to go back to Disney so I can see their new Ariel castle/area. Did you see that sephora has a new Ariel Storylook Palette? That sounds right up your alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. You should try and go back! Oh wow that does sound perfect, thank you so much! I'll take a look x

      Delete
  2. Great post! Ariel is my favorite too :-) I also would swim for hours on end as a kid and pretend I was Ariel. Nothing beats the magic of Disney!

    Cheers!
    -Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I agree, but I'm glad I'm not alone on the swimming front haha! x

      Delete